Duelly Noted’s Acapella Win

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Duelly Noted might be Hamilton’s youngest acapella group, but they made Hamilton proud this past weekend as they went on to win the Collegiate Acapella Showdown. 

Hosted at the nearby Turning Stone Resort and Casino, Duelly Noted went head to head against eight other acapella groups from nearby upstate New York colleges and universities such as Colgate, Skidmore, Syracuse and Binghamton. The group had to pass through a round of auditions in order to perform in the competition, which was attended by a full auditorium of acapella fans and tourists alike. Hamilton students were happily provided transportation and tickets for the event by C@B. 

The Hamilton singing group performed a set list of I Wanna Dance With Somebody, As, and the group’s very own Telephone Medley. They wowed the audience with their extraordinary vocals and choreography. Despite the tough competition of against well-established singing groups who were experts at the competition circuit, while this was the first time Duelly Noted participated in such a competition. However, they certainly impressed the panel of judges as well as the audience with their repertoire and singing style and went on to win the first place $2,500 prize. Congrats Duelly Noted, and here’s to the first of many wins!

Picture Credit: Turning Stone Resort and Casino 

Katherine is currently a sophomore at Hamilton College. She loves her school, penguins, dancing and is always down for a good adventure.
-