Danielle Nelson ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Name: Danielle Nelson
Year: 2016
Major(s): Communication & Psychology 
Hometown: New York City

Who or what inspires your style? 

I would say that the biggest inspiration for my style has to be the 90’s. I love everything about that era and the impact it made on fashion. My favorite style icon from that decade would have to be Whitley Gilbert from the series A Different World. She embodies style, class, and confidence. I honestly believe that in another life, I was her. 

Where do you like to shop?

I’m definitely a shopaholic, but my favorites are Urban Outfitters, Zara, ASOS, American Apparel, Free People, and River Island. 

My style is… 

I would say a weird mix between feminine, casual, vintage, and preppy. I like being able to mix it up, and not sticking to the same style all the time. 

What is your favorite item in your closet?

Definitely my black BDG high waisted jeans and my vintage “Bill Cosby” sweater that are both from Urban. 

What is your favorite fashion trend?

That’s easy: high waisted anything. I think just about every pair of pants and jeans I own are high waisted. I love the vintage 90’s look about them and refuse to give it up. Also, knitted sweaters, blazers, and combat boots. 

What is your least favorite fashion trend?

Ugg boots, even though I know they’re super comfortable. They look like house shoes to me. I just can’t with them, especially when people wear them with shorts!
-