This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

This campus cutie might be nice to look at, but he is smart and friendly too! Be sure to catch him up in the computer science labs before he heads off to France for the spring semester. 

Name: Chris Lepre

Class Year: 2015

Major(s): Computer Science & French

Relationship Status: Single 

What activities are you involved in on campus? Rainbow Alliance, La Vanguardia, Active Minds, and Curling Club

Cats or Dogs? Definitely dogs. 

Mac or PC? Mac

If you were a building on campus, which would you be? 

I’d be the Library, but specifically the second floor, because I’m casual enough where people can hang out around me and have a good time, but I’m serious enough that I can help you through your problems in times of crisis. 

What is your ideal first date? 

We show up to Commons at 5:30, early so we can get a good seat. Marge swipes us in. “Repeat”, we each say, with a devilish grin on our faces, because you KNOW we’re hitting up those mozz sticks later on at the diner. Marge makes idle chat. It’s now 7:30. Well, shit. All the food is gone. We pick on pizza scraps and knock-off Lucky Charms. We then mosey our way on over to Opus 2, and then upon second thought, we switch to Opus 1 because they have those biscotti cookies which you and I both like. It’s ok, we don’t mind walking. It begins to get cold, so I offer you my jacket. Then I get cold too, and since we don’t really know how this jacket-giving custom works with two dudes, we are both left cold and confused. No matter, our chai lattes will warm us up. We grab two of those bad boys, plus the aforementioned biscotti, and we head for the Root Glen. We walk along the red shale paths in the pale moonlight, the early Fall wind bristling ‘gainst our cheeks. Then I remember that I don’t like poetry, so that stops. I ask you, “When is the best time to wear a striped sweater?” You respond, “All the time”, because you’re no date of mine if you don’t like Spongebob. After the obligatory banal questions of where you lived Freshman year and how horrible the walk up the Hill was, we move on to more pertinent subjects such as whether or not Arya and Jon Snow will ever reunite. We both hope they do. That would be nice. It is now 10:14, so we head over to Bundy where– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –and old ladies twerking. Well, that was weird, so we leave Bundy and stumble our way over to the diner. Over the raucous blasting of “Party in the USA”, I just barely hear you sound out the words “root beer”. I smile, because I know you know all other sodas are a waste of time. We take our mozz sticks for the road, and on my way towards Martin’s Way bridge, I trip and in slow motion my sticks drop to the ground, soiled. I hang my head in dismay, but you take my chin in your hand, lift my head up, and whisper the most beautiful words ever spoken in the history of mankind: “I’ll bonus for you.” Swoon. You’ve just won my heart. 

What is your spirit animal? 

Obvious cute and cuddly parallels notwithstanding, my spirit animal is the red panda because on my curling team (shoutout to Kevin Welsh, Olivia Valcarce, and Sandy Rao!) we use a signal we call the Red Panda to indicate a takeout, which is my signature move. 

How did you spend your summer? 

Doing research for the computer science department. I got to work with Facebook’s API and get a rough idea of how that all works, so that was cool. I also got to live in the suites which was nice because I can finally say I know my way around without getting lost. I got to cook, too! 

If you could give any advice to the class of 2017, what would it be? 

Give everyone a chance. Really. If you make a sincere effort not to judge people before you get to know them, you’ll be surprised by the ones that turn out to be really awesome. 

Courtney is a sophomore at Hamilton College who is majoring Psychology and minoring in Sociology and Spanish. She enjoys tour guiding, writing, and living on the dark side.
-