Campus Style Icon: Kaye Kagaoan ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Name: Kaye Kagaoan
Year: 2015
Major: Creative Writing
Minor: Cinema and New Media Studies, Comparative Literature
Hometown: Pasig City, Philippines

Who or what inspires your style? The moment. I don’t really follow celebrity style or fashion blogs, so for the most part I just like to pick something out of my clothing rack and start there. Every now and then I take a cue from Björk. 

Where do you like to shop? My closet, my mother’s closet, my grandmother’s and great-aunts’ closets, bags of hand-me-downs and Cram & Scram collections, and wherever else I can find clothes I love that won’t burn an immense hole through my pocket. (I’ve been told that H&M is the Ikea of clothing stores.) Sometimes I’ll find myself at an American Apparel or Urban Outfitters, but such visits have been rare and few. 

How would you describe your sense of style? Inconsistent and could always be better. I don’t put that much effort into my outfits and I’m usually in a rush, so there’s always the chance that I’m wearing the wrong necklace or lipstick shade. 

Any fall trends you are looking forward to? I love boots – I’m currently plotting ways to score my first AirCast!

What is your favorite item in your closet? My purple Doc Martens. Those painful weeks spent breaking them in were totally worth it.

Kaye’s Outfit:

Shirt – Thrift store

Belt – collected from last year’s cram & scram

Necklace, socks and pants – H&M

Boots – dr. martens

-