Campus Celebrity: Alex Black, President of the Class of 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

What are your plans as the president of the class of 2019?

I want to help the class come together as a whole. Freshman year can be tough, so I want to form a good bond amongst the class of 2019.  No one should feel alone on campus, or like they don’t have anyone to go to. I would say forming that sense of positivity is the main goal.

More specifically, what are your plans to keep Commons supplied with forks? I’ve already noticed an increase.

There have been more forks already. If it becomes a problem again, I can always secure more money in the budget.

What else are you involved with on campus?

I play club rugby, am a member of Spoon University, am a member and ally for the Rainbow Alliance, and am a posse scholar.

What is your initial impression of Hamilton now that you’re here, and of the freshman class in particular?

It is really cool being somewhere where everyone is so involved and passionate about everything they do. Everyone also has so many thoughts, concerns, and ideas. Hamilton so far is a lot harder than high school, in terms of the work load. Hamilton also provides students with so many clubs and activities to go to. I think that it is going to be difficult but great after figuring out how to balance everything. Since arriving on August 18th, Hamilton has been the most fun experience I’ve had in my life. Even though it is school, it doesn’t really feel like that.

Tell us an unexpected fact about yourself:

I have triplet brothers and sisters. I would also add that I’m really good at cooking. Back at home I would make dinner for my family every night.

Is there anything else you want people to know about you?

I am just open to any suggestions as president. I’m a very outgoing and am a sociable person. If any issues or concerns come up, please contact me. I’m accepting of everybody and will do my best to help out. I’m looking forward to having a good year.