absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Breakfasts at Bundy

By Stephanie Milam

This Friday morning, two spectacular things occurred: the sun shone through a blue sky…and Bundy Cafe opened. Having been the talk of the campus for quite some time now, Bundy Cafe opened and delivered on what it had promised to our campus. Walking down the path towards the main doors and taking a right towards the main venue, you enter a sort of lounge with a quaint, evolving coffee shop feel. Thanks to the hard work and persistence of the administration, Student Assembly and physical plant, all you need to do is swipe to receive the inviting plethora of breakfast foods which await your arrival at the bar in front of you.

At this counter, during breakfast, you will find:

• Fruit cups, containing strawberries, watermelon, grapes and cantaloupe
  • Fresh fruit available in a collective of baskets
  • Breakfast sandwiches, in this instance contained egg, cheese, and sausage on soft english muffins
  • Various pastries such as danish’s, cinnamon rolls, and pumpkin cream cheese breads
  • Travel cereal bowls
  • Differing beverages such as orange juice, cranberry juice, tea and coffee

According to Amanda Kim, this cafe was designed as a “grab n go” system, meaning essentially that everything you encounter here (especially during breakfast hours) is packaged into a travel container so that you may take it with you, if desired. The hours for this new establishment are fantastic, as they are open from 7-10 am for breakfast, then 7pm-Midnight for nighttime nibbles during weekdays. On the weekends, they serve brunch from 10am-2pm, extending the nighttime nibbles until 2am.

During this time, the counter will offer a different take on snacks on the hill, as they won’t be simply providing bags of chips or bagels, but will instead present mini meals like nachos and savory tater tot creations, which are not offered anywhere else on campus.

Perhaps the most exciting thing about the cafe is its malleability. Upon its first few hours, students were experiencing something refreshingly new and had feedback ready, which the representatives of Student Assembly eagerly accepted. Animated with the idea of shaping it into something even better, they are once again working hard to give the student body more options, such as gluten-free and vegan options.

Lastly, the cafe offers a few more things than just food. Equipped with plenty of lounge chairs, a TV, and even a printer, this building now saves many students in Bundy from having to walk up the hill to print out work or readings, along with offering them an additional, closer place to study. This space can be rented out for club events and is being improved continually to ensure an even more warm, satisfactory resource at Hamilton.  

Stephanie Milam

Hamilton '21

Sophomore at Hamilton College studying Creative Writing and Public Policy. Love volleyball, Netflix and writing!
Emma Ritz

Hamilton '20

Emma Ritz is a Junior at Hamilton College in New York, majoring in world politics.