The Best Restaurants for Date Night and Visiting Parents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Being stuck on the hill on gloomy rainy days can be a drag. Going to commons every night for dinner can get repetitive, and there are days when even McEwen can’t satisfy the taste buds. That’s when you hop in a car with some friends to go out for dinner and escape the bubble on the hill.

Some of my favorite restaurants to escape to:

1) Mitsuba & Mitsuba Hibachi [Japanese] – Mitsuba is great for the casual dinner date. My all time favorite items on the menu are the lobster roll and edamame. Mitsuba is great for a big appetite, a special occasion, or just some yummy fried rice!
(17 Ellinwood Drive New Hartford, NY 13413) –Mitsuba
(8562 Seneca Turnpike New Hartford, NY 13413) -Hibachi

2) Bella Cucina [Italian] – The Hats here are cooked to perfection.

(4479 Commercial Drive New Hartford, NY 13413-6207)

3) Chesterfield [Italian] – I discovered this restaurant at the beginning of freshman year when my parents took me out to dinner. Pretty much everything on this menu makes my taste buds melt. At first I was skeptical because the restaurant seemed a bit isolated, but it definitely exceeded my expectations. Eating here is a must.

(1713 Bleeker Street Utica, New York 13501)

4) Panera [Sandwich/Soup/Bakery] – Standard sandwich and soup fare for under ten bucks. Reliable. Good place to grab a quick lunch or dinner on days with a lot of work and commons is not in the cards.

(4821 Commercial Drive New Hartford, NY 13413)

5) La Petite Maison [French] – Great French food that can air on the pricey side but well worth it for a family meal or romantic date with the significant other.

(148 East Main Street Waterville, NY 13480-1108)

6) Nola’s [American/Variety] – The food at Nola’s is scrumptious, but one big drawback is slow service. Those waiters really need to pick up the pace sometimes…

(9 West Park Row Clinton, NY 13323)

Best spot for a quickie milkshake?
Zebb’s (Not so much for the food though…)
(8428 Seneca Turnpike
New Hartford, NY 13413-4916)