Alternative Farm Party Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Y’all want to get down at the Farm Party this weekend, right?  FUN FACT: You don’t have to wear a flannel to get in that farm party spirit!  Here are some ways to flaunt the farm look without the flannel.

1) Standard Cowgirl/Cowboy 

To dress as a cowboy/cowgirl all you need is a solid button up shirt of any kind- it doesn’t have to be plaid or flannel! Yes- that denim shirt you’ve been wearing to class is appropriate for the annex! You can also wear a plain white tee or tank top with a tassled vest. To make your own, just take any t-shirt, cut arm holes, cut it in half, and tassle the bottom. Add a red bandana or scarf around your neck, and top off the look with braided pigtials and a hat!  Cowboy boots always work, but a lot of riding boots that are in style right now will look the same. 

No one ever said the costumes are restricted to farmers…get creative people!! Why be Old McDonald when you can be one of those awesome farm animals? All these looks would be best when topped off with some animal ears!

2) Pig

Channel AlHam this farm party by sporting a pig nose and by wearing all pink. If you’re feeling creative, find some pink fabric to attach to a belt and make yourself a tail!  

3) Cow

In order to be a cow just get an old white shirt or tank. Grab a black marker and and sharpie that baby up with lots of spots! 

4) Sheep

If you’re smart, you’ll dress up like a sheep and wear a nice heavy white sweater. You’ll look cute and be warm – the best combination in this weather. For added effect, pin some cotton balls to your sweater or pants.

Talia Levine is a sophomore at Hamilton College. She is from Long Island, New York but recently moved to Brooklyn. Talia is a hispanic studies major and anticipates going abroad to Madrid next spring.
-