5 Easy Ways to Treat Yo Self During Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.
Spring Break is fast approaching! But, unfortunately before we can relax on the beach, we must first struggle through the mess that is midterms. It’s a period of sweatpants and messy buns and lots of caffeine. Sometimes you need a little break from all of the work, so here are five easy ways to “treat yo self.”

1) Order takeout food from your favorite restaurant.

My personal favorite type of takeout is sushi, but when we’re talking about midterms, anything goes. Sometimes it’s nice to have a break from dining hall food. 

2) Allow yourself to take naps.

Sometimes we all find ourselves nodding off doing work; in these situations, a fifteen-minute nap does a great deal to help your mental well-being and your work. 

3) Swap out some of that highly caffeinated coffee for herbal tea or hot water with lemon and honey every so often. 

You’ll find these drinks soothe your mind and your body.

4) Use your college’s resources to your advantage.

At Hamilton, we have “Chair Massage Tuesday.” Though you may always delete those emails without a second thought, taking the time to treat yourself with a five minute massage or acupuncture treatment can be extremely relaxing and beneficial.

5) Call a parent, sibling, or friend from home who you can talk to for a little bit.

It doesn’t have to be a long conversation, but sometimes it helps to get your mind off of the work you have to do. Talking to somebody you love who reminds you of home can often help put things in perspective. 

Best of luck during midterms, collegiettes!
Heather is a sophomore at Hamilton College who plans to major in English. She is a pescetarian who is afraid of spiders, hates mayonnaise, and loves traveling and spending time with friends and family.
Allison Donlan

Hamilton '18

.