This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Do you love dressing up for Halloween, but don’t love spending $50 on a costume?  Are you creative? Well you’re in luck! Here are 10 easy DIY Halloween costume ideas.

1. Classic Cat Costume:  Now this one is super easy.  Grab some eyeliner or a marker (non-toxic please) and color a circle on your nose and three lines on each of your cheeks and you’re done!  If you want cat ears it’s as easy as getting a headband and taping two triangles to the top for ears.  How do you like meow?

2. Hot Hippie:  Requires three items: tie-dye (any item of clothing), peace signs (necklaces, tattoos, etc.) and some fringe.  You can even tie-dye and tassle your own shirt if you’re feeling creative and crafty!  Peace. Love. DIY. 

3. Radiant Rosie the Riveter:  Pull out a bandana, a blue button up t-shirt, a stick of red lipstick, and most importantly your muscles!  Rosie is a great and creative costume that everyone will love. WE CAN DO IT!

4. Wonderful Where’s Waldo:  It’s easy to find a striped shirt and even though Waldo’s is red, any stripped shirt will work!  In addition to the shirt, you can grab some plastic glasses (and pop the lenses out) and a beanie!  Everyone will really be looking for Waldo on Halloween! 

5. Beautiful Boxer: This is probably the most comfy costume of all time.  Put on your bathrobe, sports bra, and gym shorts and TA DAHH! YOURE A PROFESSIONAL HALLOWEEN BOXER!  Bonus points if you get those big gloves.  You’ll look like a total knockout! 

6. Bringing Back Britney:  Who didn’t love 90’s iconic superstar Britney Spears.  Its easy to recreate her look! All you have to do is wear a white button up shirt and tie the ends together, wear a skirt (plaid is preferable) and of course the iconic braided pigtails with fluffy pink scrunchies!  People for sure will want a piece of you.

7. Gorgeous Greek God/Goddess:  2 words: sheets and scissors.  Take some old sheets or even an old white t-shirt and get creative! Cut the sheet or shirt into a dress or skirt and add a little leafy halo. Togas may be ancient, but this look is not!

8. Not-so-nerdy Nerd: This costume is really easy because all you most likely have everything you need in your bedroom.  This costumes requires a shirt, jean shorts/pants, suspenders, and the most essential part of the costume, the glasses.  You’ll look so adorable, people will be begging to do homework with you ;)

9. Fabulous Flapper: If you’re not getting much use out of that LBD (little black dress) nows your time to shine.  Break that baby out and grab a Great Gatsby-esque headband with a feather and some red lipstick and you’re set.  Let’s party like its 1920!!!

10. Miley at the VMAs: If you enjoy putting your hair into high ponies on the top of your head, this is the costume for you. Here’s what you need: a nude colored bandeau/bra and panties and a foam finger. Bonus points if you can get a friend to dress up as Robin Thicke or as one of Miley’s massive teddy bears. 
Talia Levine is a sophomore at Hamilton College. She is from Long Island, New York but recently moved to Brooklyn. Talia is a hispanic studies major and anticipates going abroad to Madrid next spring.
-