This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

As the chilly months creep in, so do the inevitable chapped lips. During the winter, the air becomes significantly less humid causing your precious pucker to flake and peel. If you’re sick of using the same vanilla-flavored Burt’s Bees that no longer seems to do anything other than sting, keep reading. After consulting with several beauty-obsessed friends, I’ve devised the ultimate breakdown of everyone’s tried and true lip saviors. Prepare to conquer the cold with plush, silky-smooth lips. 

1. Laneige Sleeping Mask

It should come as little shock that many people mentioned Laneige as their go-to lip product. This cult-favorite has taken the beauty world by storm, continuously re-appearing on the pages of trusted magazines like Marie Claire and Elle. To use, simply slather on this rich lip treatment before bed and prepare to wake up with smoother, more supple lips. 

1. Dior Lip Glow

This is my personal favorite product: a two-in-one sheer balm that enhances your natural lip color while moisturizing all day long. Featuring seven different shades, these lip balms range from a light purple holographic sheen to a corally-peach finish to a darker magenta, offering options suitable for every occasion. 

1. Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment

When thinking about luxurious chapsticks, my mind goes straight to the Fresh Lip Treatment. Perfect for throwing in your bag when you’re on the go, this balm quickly glides on and intensely hydrates for up to 24 hours. If you’re looking for some added color, opt for the sheer-pink finish.

1. Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter

From the makers of the famous Brazilian Bum Bum Cream emerges the incredibly nourishing, Brazilian Kiss Lip Butter. Formulated with Cupuaçu, a hydrating butter extracted from a tropical rainforest tree related to cacao, this luscious treatment covers your lips in a layer of hydration and leaves them smelling like dulce-de-leche. 

1. Buxom PowerPlump Lip Balm

For those looking for a little extra volume, try out the Buxom PowerPlump Lip Balm. Sport a pout at all times of day by swiping it on and watching your lips expand/simultaneously change shade as the product reacts with the natural pH of your lips. 

Julia is a freshman studying Marketing at the George Washington University School of Business. In her free time, she can likely be found cooking, reading, or watching Chopped.
Isabella grew up in Boston and is currently a student at The George Washington University studying International Business and Chinese. Her dream job is working as a journalist in New York, and she hopes to travel all over the world and study abroad in Shanghai. You can find her taking walks with her three Labradoodles or doing yoga with friends.