Style > Beauty

What Cloud Paint Shade Should You Wear Based Only On How You Feel Right Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Glossier’s Cloud Paint blush is not only an obsession of mine, it is a ~lifestyle~. Their lightweight, pigmented (yet buildable), perfectly creamy formula makes it the perfect blush for everyday ‘no-makeup-makeup’ to full glam and everything in between. Their shade range was recently expanded, so I thought it only right to assign each shade an emotion. So here’s the ultimate guide to choosing your cloud paint shade based only on how you might be feeling at a given moment. 

Puff: Someone Special is on Your Mind

This cool-toned pink is perfect for those moments when you find yourself lost in thought over that special someone. It’s rosie flush leaves you dewy and pink and is perfect for those butterflies in your stomach. 

Storm: Cold and ruthless

Winter days are coming up fast, frigid air will be drying out skin and make you feel more like an ice queen than a human person. For those moments that you feel like you can take down a rival kingdom, Storm is the perfect shade. The dark red hue is great for the winter season and will leave skin looking perfectly flushed by the cold without actually having to bear the cold. 

Dawn: Angry

Sometimes we get mad. And that’s okay! Because there’s a cloud paint shade for that. Dawn is a firey Orange with a power punch of pigment. This shade will reflect the fire inside and let the world know you’re not a bitch to mess with. 

Dusk: Bored 

If you feel like procrastinating on that really tedious homework, or are just looking desperately for something to do, dusk is the shade for you. It’s an everyday nude that works as a contour or a blush. Versatility like that is great for a moment when you just need something to do. 

Haze: Post Mid-Term 

Did that midterm go well? Not at all? But like, at least it’s over with right? And that’s something worth glowing about! This warm berry shade will have you looking fresh and glowy when it’s officially party time because that one mid-term you haven’t been able to stop thinking about is finally over with!

Beam: Sad But The Sun’s Out 

For all those times when we feel a bit down and we wish the sky reflected our gloomy mood, but instead it happens to be a gorgeous blue day, there’s Beam. A gentle peachy look that’ll have you radiating in the sun while still being true to that low key mood. 

Riley Burke is a freshman at GWU majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications.
Isabella grew up in Boston and is currently a student at The George Washington University studying International Business and Chinese. Her dream job is working as a journalist in New York, and she hopes to travel all over the world and study abroad in Shanghai. You can find her taking walks with her three Labradoodles or doing yoga with friends.