Style

WeWoreWhat’s Danielle Bernstein: The Badass Woman You Should Know About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

At 27 years old, Danielle Bernstein, founder of the fashion blog and brand WeWoreWhat, has managed to do it all in the fashion industry. The New York City influencer, who currently has 2.2 million instagram followers, shares daily pictures of her street-style outfits, vacation attire, glamorous nights out or comfy-chic days in. Through collaborations with different brands, Danielle is able to share her love for fashion while mixing and matching different ensembles. While you may think Danielle’s life consists of just posting photos on Instagram to make a profit, it is far from that. After starting her blog 10 years ago, this boss lady has launched Shop WeWoreWhat, an extremely successful fashion line of overalls and swimsuits, has collaborated with Joe’s Jeans to design her own jeans, and made it on Forbes 30 under 30 list before reaching the age of 25. But, that’s not all. 

Last month, Danielle announced that she founded and is the CEO of a new tech company called MOEASSIST, a project management and payment tool for influencers, allowing all influencers, micro or macro, to easily organize all their projects, invoices, payments, and so much more. Most recently, Danielle has shared that she has written a book called “This is Not a Fashion Story” in which she talks about, presumably, non-fashion related material, and focuses on different aspects of her life such as love and success; the book is set for release in the spring, but is currently available for preorder. Whether it’s a frontrow seat at Paris fashion week, a free trip to Italy, or endless amount of clothing, this hardworking businesswoman deserves it all. She remains true to herself, and always makes sure that she is 100 percent transparent with her followers by sharing both the ups and downs of her glamorous and not so always glamorous life. 

Danielle’s Overalls & Jumpsuits

Michela Manocherian is a junior at The George Washington University majoring in Political Science and minoring in Journalism and Mass Communication. In her free time, she enjoys baking, boxing, and spending time with friends.
Isabella grew up in Boston and is currently a student at The George Washington University studying International Business and Chinese. Her dream job is working as a journalist in New York, and she hopes to travel all over the world and study abroad in Shanghai. You can find her taking walks with her three Labradoodles or doing yoga with friends.