Vegan? Try these sites for recipes, info and a whole lot more!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

So I’m sure alot of you read the word “vegan” and thought “what is this girl thinking?”. Well, I’ve decided to pick up veganism (I may have made that word up). No, I am not against using animals for food (I love my Dad’s steak more than anything in the world), and it’s not that I am lactose intolerant and vegetarian. I just need a little routine in my life, and the only way I’ll be able to find that among the stresses of finals and running errands and wrapping up before the summer is if I am forced to take time and actually cook something. Enough with the clif bars, I need actual food. Though, I’m still not sure if tofu counts yet. However, I don’t mind it so far and I’m getting used to it. I don’t hate it.

One of my friends has been vegan for, I think, about two or three years now, so I snagged some good sites off her facebook page. If you’re already vegan then you might be familiar with these. If not, and you’re just feeling adventurous, give them a shot! 

VegNews

Manifest:Vegan

She Knows: Miso Vegan

Skinny Bitch

The last one is my favorite. Bon [vegan] appetit!

Nicole Robert is a senior from North Salem, New York. She transferred from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, and this is her third year at The George Washington University. She studies International Affairs with a concentration in Global Public Health, and minors in Public Health. A sister of Delta Gamma, Nicole loves to participate in many community service opportunities. She also interns at Washington Life Magazine and works as a hostess at a local restaurant. When Nicole is not studying or working, she is writing blog posts for The Avant Guide, an up and coming fashion company. She credits Pandora and her personal Tumblr for motivation and a creative outlet.