The Lalapink Beauty Products
The Lalapink Beauty Products
Her Campus Media
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Glossier has made a name for themselves in the age of Instagram, with worldwide campaigns, buzzworthy pop-ups, and selfie-appropriate storefronts. While their social media popularity is often hailed as their best asset, their products back up the hype.

Lash Slick Mascara

The Lash Slick mascara is by far my favorite glossier product. I tried many mascaras but could never find one I liked. I prefer a more natural-looking product and found that many mascaras I tried looked overdone and clumpy. This Glossier product makes my lashes look long and gives them pop without making my eyes look heavy.

Solution

I was hesitant to try this product as my skincare routine is often limited to my facialist’s recommendations, however, I ran the ingredients by her and decided to try it. I use this every night as part of my routine, and I do think it helps my skin. While it does not always heal larger breakouts, it tries to dry them out while eliminating smaller bumps. According to the website, it is “hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, ophthalmologist-tested, safe for contact lens wearers, safe for sensitive eyes, paraben-free, cruelty-free, vegan.”

Bubblewrap

The most recent product I’ve tried is Bubblewrap, a hydrating cream for the lips and eyes. Unlike some plumping devices, Bubblewrap is not uncomfortable. While my lips are usually only minimally plumped, I do think this helps with my undereye bags and leaves me feeling clean and refreshed.

Lip Gloss

The lip gloss is easily incorporated in any makeup routine. It’s shiny but not tacky and adds the perfect sheen to any look. It is a thicker formula, but it’s still comfortable. I’ve only ever tried the clear, but there are two additional shades: the red and the holographic.

Body Hero Daily Perfecting Cream

This lotion, which launched in the summer of 2017 has been on my dresser ever since. At first, I was attracted to the packaging; the pink and red design caught my eye. However, after using it I knew it was more than the outside of the bottle that was acclaimed. It has a very light smell, not overpowering but perfectly subtle. It’s extremely hydrating, keeping my skin healthy through winter. My favorite thing about it, which has been difficult to find in other lotions is it does not leave a residue and dries very quickly. According to the website, it’s ingredients include natural extracts including cactus flower, prickly pear, and yucca meant to help with moisturization.

Ryan Norris is from Los Angeles, California. She’s a journalism major at George Washington University. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, writing, and spending time with friends.
Sarah is a junior at The George Washington University School of Business, studying Finance and Sports Management, with a minor in Spanish. She previously worked at the Her Campus Media headquarters in Boston as a Product and Operations intern. She is a dedicated Boston sports fan, loves to travel, and pets every dog she sees.