Style > Beauty

Think Pink: 10 Amazing Beauty Products That Support Breast Cancer Research and Awareness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

It’s finally October! For many, it means sweaters, pumpkin spice lattes, and midterms. For other women, family, and friends it means a reminder of the strength, fortitude, and persistence of those who have been diagnosed, are currently battling breast cancer, or have lost their battle to the disease. Whether you have been personally impacted by the disease or have seen the impact of the disease from afar it is crucial to support fellow women who wake up every day with the strength to continue forward. 

Whether you plan on running a race for breast cancer or are just looking for a small way to show support, these 10 products will not only boost your beauty game, not to mention adorably pink, but also benefit organizations who fight to end the battle with breast cancer. 

1. Beauty Blender BCRF 2019 Makeup Sponge

We all know this little pink sponge. The sponge that revolutionized makeup routines for thousands. This a squishy-teardrop sponge will apply your base makeup seamlessly and fit into all the nooks and crannies around your eyes. BeautyBlender has committed to donating $20,000 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation which over the years has raised over $79 million dollars to further breast cancer research.

Price: $20.00 

1. GLAMGLOW GLOWLACE Face Mask 

This sheet-mask by GLAMGLOW will leave your skin radiant and plump for any special occasion or spa night, with hyaluronic acid, green tea, and caffeine that energizes the skin. The mask is shaped to specifically fit the curves of your face, it also has a beautiful, silver lace pattern overlay. This face mask will be available until December 31 and 20% of your purchase will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 

Price: $10.00

1. ghd and Ink on Pink Styler

If you’re in the market for a new flat-iron, this ghd collaboration with Ink on Pink will not disappoint. Not only is ghd a world-renowned company for their amazing and literally hot, styling tools, but they teamed with Chicago- based mastectomy tattoo artist, David Allen, to design a unique style with a purpose behind it. Ghd has the goal of raising $1 million for the Living Beyond Breast Cancer Foundation, with $10 of every purchase going to the organization. 

Price: $199.00

1. Wet Brush Bold Beauty Pro Detangler Blushing Boldly    

The Wet Brush is a staple if you have tangly hair and a sensitive scalp. It glides through your hair without causing any pain! This limited-edition brush features a splatter-paint design and 20% of the purchase will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 

Price: $15.00

1. Becca Cosmetics Hydra Mist Set & Refresh Powder and Ultimate Lipstick Love 

This year, Becca has released two limited-edition products to support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. The Hydra-Mist powder is comprised of 50% water, which provides a cooling sensation on the application, and leaves your makeup set without having cake-face. The lipstick a rosy-pink shade that will complement any daytime or nighttime look. 

Hydra-Mist Powder: $39.00

Ultimate Lipstick Love: $24.00

Cruelty-free

1. Baby Foot Limited Edition Baby Foot Peel

I know what you’re thinking… Ew. From personal experience, this product is amazing. YES, your feet will look like a snake shedding for the season, but after you will be left with the softest feet. The peel contains 16-types of natural extracts which gently exfoliate feet, leaving them baby soft. 20% of the proceeds will be given to the American Cancer Society to further breast cancer research. 

Price: $25.00 

Cruelty-free and Vegan 

7) Bumble and Bumble Pink Ribbon Thickening Spray

Spritz this thickening spray on damp hair and style– and you’re good to go! This spray will give flat hair volume and life all day long. Bumble and Bumble will be donating 20% of the proceeds to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 

Price: $30.00

Cruelty-Free 

8) Sigma 3DHD Perfect Complexion Set

This set includes a cute pink carrying pouch, an angular shaped synthetic brush to apply your makeup flawlessly, and a beauty sponge that will follow the contours of your face perfectly. 20% of the proceeds of this brush set will go to the Bright Pink Foundation, whose mission is to help women be proactive and receive screening for both breast and ovarian cancer. 

Price: $39.00

Cruelty-Free and Vegan 

9) 100% Pure Breast Cancer Awareness Beauty Set

This 3-piece set consists of a neutral tone eyeshadow palette, perfect for everyday looks, a fruit-pigmented, cocoa butter lipstick, and rose micellar water perfect for cleaning the skin at the end of a long day. All the sales from this set will go to the Keep A Breast Foundation, whose mission to spread prevention and education for women! ‘

Price: $85.00

Cruelty-free, Vegan, and Gluten-Free

10) Aveda Limited Edition Hand-Relief

Aveda’s hand-relief will soothe your cracked hands as the colder months creep upon us. It contains Andiroba and other natural oils that nourish hands, leaving them soft and silky. This hand-relief has a limited-edition cherry almond fragrance. Aveda will be donating 20% of proceeds to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, which since 2001, they have donated 4.7 million dollars to. 

Price: $26.50

Vegan, Cruelty-Free, and free from synthetic fragrance 

Leah is a sophomore majoring in Psychology. She spends her time at work-out classes, finding amazing food, and volunteering at the Kitten Lounge.
Isabella grew up in Boston and is currently a student at The George Washington University studying International Business and Chinese. Her dream job is working as a journalist in New York, and she hopes to travel all over the world and study abroad in Shanghai. You can find her taking walks with her three Labradoodles or doing yoga with friends.