This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

COVID-19 certainly turned our world upside down. Many people can relate to the feeling of the pieces finally coming together until this virus appeared and stripped them of what could have been. However, that’s all it is now – a simple thought of what could have been. 

Under the current circumstances, one of my main takeaways is not dwelling on the past. The world is changing rapidly during this pandemic, and tomorrow’s events remain unknown. The uncertainty of the future can be agonizing and stressful. Equally so, living in the past and insisting on hypothetical scenarios of life without coronavirus will not help you feel better. We must accept the world we are living in and the things we do not have control over. 

On the bright side, there are still a lot of opportunities in our hands! Take this quarantine as a chance to reflect on yourself. Personally, I have come up with a bucket list of adventures I want to complete when I get back to DC (catch me on M Street in Georgetown trying every cupcake shop in one day). I have also been busy in the kitchen testing out new recipes, in addition to making up different workouts to burn off all the pasta I cook. Not to mention, this is the ideal time to channel your creative side and take on a new hobby like painting or playing an instrument. I’m no Van Gogh but I have been practicing guitar lately, so don’t be surprised if I come out of quarantine strumming like Chet Atkins.

Whatever your case may be, remember that better days are ahead of us. The entire world is going through hardship right now, and we need our friends and family to help us stay strong. Even though we all have our lazy days of staying in pajamas and watching movies, do your best to make the most of your time in quarantine. Meditate and do yoga. Create some tie-dye sweatsuits. Delete the 20,000 photos you’ve been hoarding in your camera roll. Find any ways you can to be happy and active!

This pandemic will surely pass so here’s to hoping I get a genie to grant me these three personal wishes: 

⁃    The NBA season resumes soon, and LeBron and the Lakers win a championship.

⁃    We get out of quarantine just in time for my 20th birthday later this summer.

⁃    GW students can move back into their Foggy Bottom dorms in August.

Most importantly, take care of yourself and your loved ones. 

⁃    Wash your hands. 

⁃    Practice social distancing. 

⁃    Wear a mask and gloves if you go outside.

Our health is always our biggest priority so stay well and stay safe, and enjoy your quarantine! XO

Savannah is a junior at The George Washington University. She has a passion for sports and broadcasts for GW-TV Unstoppable, covering many sports games and events at GW. When she's not watching sports, Savannah enjoys trying new restaurants and tasting different pasta recipes, her favorite dish to eat.
Sarah is a junior at The George Washington University School of Business, studying Finance and Sports Management, with a minor in Spanish. She previously worked at the Her Campus Media headquarters in Boston as a Product and Operations intern. She is a dedicated Boston sports fan, loves to travel, and pets every dog she sees.