Netflix Quarantine Must Watch Programs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Quarantine has inspired millions of Americans to binge a series, become invested in a documentary, or watch a trilogy. However, besides the obvious Tiger King, and Love is Blind, Netflix is home to many more underrated options.

All American

This series, which originally aired on the CW, follows a football player who moves from his neighborhood school, South Crenshaw High, to Beverly High School in order to pursue his possible athletic career. The story takes many twists and turns to keep the audience invested and engaged. Further, it often provides commentary on many social issues experienced by many Americans today. There are currently two seasons on Netflix, which fly by. When you’re finished you’ll definitely be looking for more, but unfortunately, while it has been renewed for a third season, the premiere date has not been announced.

Don’t F**k with Cats

This documentary follows a group of eccentric cat enthusiasts who, after seeing a  brutal murder of kittens on Youtube, dedicate themselves to finding the murderer. What ensues is a wild story of international crime, family history, and Facebook groups.

Perks of Being A Wallflower

This coming of age-drama, based on a book of the same name, was added to Netflix this month. It’s the perfect feel-good movie for quarantine. Starring Emma Watson, with an American accent that will make your head turn, as well as Logan Lerman, the story follows a shy high school student who befriends two free-spirits, and together they discover the complexities of this time in their lives.

The Great British Baking Show

Any food-based show is especially inspiring, and mouth-watering, right now. While these British chefs are loved year-round, their pastry creations will surely inspire you to get out of your banana bread rut and attempt something more complex. Not to mention, the challenges are entertaining, and the contestants are endearing.

Glee

While this six-season show is often unbelievable and over the top, it provides a welcome distraction from quarantine life. Focusing on high school students who break out in song, Glee tackles many coming-of-age storylines in dynamic and comedic ways. With over 100 episodes, it’s the perfect binge-worthy program.

Ryan Norris is from Los Angeles, California. She’s a journalism major at George Washington University. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, writing, and spending time with friends.
Sarah is a junior at The George Washington University School of Business, studying Finance and Sports Management, with a minor in Spanish. She previously worked at the Her Campus Media headquarters in Boston as a Product and Operations intern. She is a dedicated Boston sports fan, loves to travel, and pets every dog she sees.