Kevin Larsen ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Meet this week’s campus celebrity, Kevin Larsen! Not only is he a star on our very own Men’s Varsity Basketball team, but he is a gentleman with charisma and a sense of humor. Don’t miss your chance to get to know this celebrity cutie! 

Name: Kevin Larsen

Year: 2016

Major: Sociology

Hometown: Copenhagen, Denmark

Campus Activities: GW Men’s Varsity Basketball

Relationship Status: “It’s complicated.”

How does it feel to be this week’s campus celebrity? 

“It feels good. I mean, I don’t really see myself as a celebrity. I just do my job, playing basketball. Basketball has allowed me to get to know a lot people, though, so that’s been fun.” 

What’s your favorite thing about being part of the GW Basketball team? How is the dynamic?

“My favorite thing has to be the brotherhood I created with my teammates. We’re like a big family. Everyone is having fun. We’re always laughing and joking. The dynamic is a very loose and calm atmosphere.”

What is the most challenging part of being part of the team?

“The most challenging thing is the time commitment. We only get one day off, so we don’t get much free time.” 

Are there any locker room pep-talk phrases we can get an “in” on? 

“‘We need more beef!'”

How do people react to you when they see you on the streets?

“A lot of people are scared of me, so they’ll just stare. Some people scream hi, which is really funny. But I can definitely feel all eyes on me when I’m on the street.”

What are your hobbies off the court?

“Playing video games like FIFA, 2K, Madden, hang out with my teammates, and party a little bit.” 

What’s the first thing you notice in a girl?

“Probably her smile.”

Turn-ons, turn-offs?

“I like a girl that’s flirty and knows what she’s doing. I like when she can keep things interesting and the conversation going. Turn-off? Being a little too clingy. I’m a lovable guy, so if I like you, I like you regardless…but being too clingy is definitely a turn-off.”

Best pick-up line?

“I don’t really have a pick-up line. My go-to is usually just handing the girl my phone and asking her to put her number in.”

3 words that best describe you:

“Funny, loyal, and lovable.”

Describe your dream date.

“It’ll probably be a long date, like from 1pm to midnight. I’ll take her out to lunch then go ice-skating, if it’s cold. You know, something cute that’s vulnerable. Then I would make my own dinner in a room set up with roses, candles, and romantic music while we eat and have intimate conversation.”

Tell me one of your guilty pleasures.

“I eat too much chocolate and drink too much Coke.” 

Do you have a particular favorite GW moment?

“My favorite moment was probably when we beat VCU my sophomore year. The fans and everyone were going crazy. I felt great. It was definitely a fun night.”