How to Take Summer Staples into Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Every girl has a favorite summer staple. Whether it’s that perfect slip dress or those adorable distressed jean shorts, every girl has an item of clothing (or maybe more if you’re me) that you want to wear all the way through November. Thankfully, DC weather allows for these summer staples to be worn all throughout fall, with just a few adjustments.

Jean Skirt

Let’s be real, jean skirts have taken over the fashion industry in past years, and they definitely took over summer fashion this year. An easy trick to bring your jean skirt into the fall fashion circuit is pairing it with a simple sweater. Toss it over, tuck it in, layer it. No matter what you chose to do with it, a sweater and a jean skirt is an easy summer to fall look.

tumblr.com

Strappy Sandals

Who didn’t own a pair of lace up sandals this summer? I’m guilty of owning three, so I’m a huge fan of being able to wear them in the fall. Simply put on a pair of distressed jeans and a light sweater or coat and you’re good to go!

Pinterest.com

Shift Dress

A simple shift dress is a huge summer staple due to it’s lightweight breathability. To transition this piece for the falll, throw on your favorite boots (combat, chelsea, riding, whatever!) and an oversized jacket and you’ve got a perfect fall day look. If it’s extra chilly, add a cute beanie or scarf to give yourself a little extra warmth.

wefashiontrends.com

Chokers

Chokers can be worn with anything. Period. So throw on a chunky knit sweater or your favorite leather jacket and you’re set. And don’t worry, chokers aren’t going out of style any time soon.

(torchlightjewelry.com)