HerCampus Presents: The #LovingMe Project!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Television shows like House of Cards and Scandal may portray DC as a town all about looks, but in the life of a busy college girl there is often so much more that goes unseen. This week, February 23rd through March 1st, marks National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, and in its honor HerCampus’s national branch has launched The #LovingMe Project. This project celebrates all the things we love about ourselves—unrelated to physical appearances.

From now through Sunday, March 2nd, HerCampus wants YOU (and all the lovely people you know!) to think about what you love most about yourself, and share that by Instagramming or tweeting a photo to @hercampus—be sure to include the hashtag #LovingMe! You can also share a photo with the hashtag on their Facebook page.

In honor of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week, GW has created a week-long series of events dedicated to shedding light on the prevalence and consequences of eating disorders, as well as to promote and celebrate our own health and well-being. Click here for a full schedule of events.

If you or someone you know struggles with an eating disorder and would like to speak with someone, on-campus resources include the University Counseling Center, Student Health Services, and the student org Students Promoting Eating Disorder Awareness and Knowledge (SPEAK) GW.