Her Campus GWU: On the Road

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Writer Ann Marie MacVey and I had the opporunity to test drive the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. The car is a crossover SUV similar in dimension to the BMWX3, but much more affordable. We ventured outside of the Foggy Bottom bubble and drove to Tyson’s Corner in Virginia. We opened the windows and turned up the radio thrilled to get off campus, if only for a little while. On our way there we explored the different features of the car, from the navigation system to the sunroof, and we had some fun along the way too.

The trunk was roomy enough for a weekend trip or even to pack up your room at the end of the semester. The back seats were spacious as well, and the front seats were comfortable and easy to adjust. The steering wheel allowed for even turns and had controls for the stereo system. The gas pedal was light, and the breaks were smooth. I also had no issues reading the instrument displays. While the navigation system helped us successfully reach our destination, at times it was difficult to use and caused me to miss a couple of turns. Lastly, we loved the giant sunroof.

Check out the video to see why we think the 2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport is great for collegiettes. We hope you enjoy!