This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

I don’t know about you, but I’m a podcast fanatic. As I walk through GW’s campus, I’m always listening to a podcast, holding back laughter or maybe a tear, depending on the subject matter. Podcasts have taught me a thing or two about relationships, business, communication and more! The key here is that I listen to different podcasts depending on the mood I’m in. I’ve divided my fave podcasts up into categories to make it easier. Enjoy!

Business

How I Built This with Guy Raz 

This pod unveils the stories behind how huge companies came about. Want to know the story behind how SoulCycle or Whole Foods started? Go check it out!

The Pitch

Basically the podcast version of Shark Tank. I recommend Episode #70: What is Michael Phelps Jamming to Right Now? 

Comedy

Call Her Daddy

I mean, obviously… This one kind of speaks for itself. Sonia Holstein wrote a great article about why you should be listening to this podcast. 

Girls Gotta Eat 

Rayna and Ashley are my favorite people. This relationship-focused podcast combines comedy and advice to deliver the perfect mixture of entertainment and value. 

Self Improvement

Thick and Thin 

Katy Bellotte delivers vulnerable, honest, and real advice through the lens of a twenty-something-year-old living in New York City. She covers topics from love to loneliness in a “big-sister” manner. 

The Ed Mylett Show 

This is a great podcast to listen to when you really need a kick in the a$$. Ed Mylett, a self-made millionaire, showcases high-performing guests to deliver amazing episodes about business, entrepreneurship, health, science, and more! 

All-around Amazing

The Skinny Confidential Him & Her Podcast 

This couple really knows what they’re doing. Lauren is the creator behind The Skinny Confidential brand and Michael is, most recently, the co-founder of the Dear Media         Podcast network. In a raw and unfiltered way, they bring on guests from many different walks of life. They do not shy away from taboo topics. This show never fails to bring you value. Pinky promise. 

Other

Gals on the Go

Okay, I don’t really know how to categorize this podcast, but it’s another one of my faves! It’s hosted by two YouTubers, Danielle Carolan and Brooke Miccio. Listening to this podcast is like talking with your best friends. It’s very easy-going, lighthearted, and just all-around fun! 

Grace grew up in Boston and is a freshman at the George Washington University potentially studying Communications. You can find her horseback riding, catching up on her fave podcasts, or blasting music in her car.
Isabella grew up in Boston and is currently a student at The George Washington University studying International Business and Chinese. Her dream job is working as a journalist in New York, and she hopes to travel all over the world and study abroad in Shanghai. You can find her taking walks with her three Labradoodles or doing yoga with friends.