Greek Basketball Game Vs. Umass

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

When you think of GW, basketball is definitely not the first thing that comes to mind. The student body is far more focused on political debates than tailgates, and we have all learned to accept that. However, once a year, the entire Greek community, which makes up a huge part of campus life, comes out to support the Colonials.

Everyone was encouraged to wear their letters to the game that took place on Saturday, February 4th, and support their organization. The organization with the highest attendance received a donation to their charity, and recognition among the Greek community. Some Greeks even had the opportunity to participate in a half time basketball game! Although GW lost the game, 86-75, everyone had fun going out to support their organization and their school. Students who loved the Greek basketball game and want to get more involved in school spirit should consider joining the Colonial Army, a student organization that hosts tailgates before big games and encourages Colonial spirit!

Lauren Kardos is a senior at The George Washington University double majoring in International Affairs and Middle East Studies. She spent 8 months studying abroad in the Middle East perfecting her Arabic and adventuring around. She loves reading, discovering new music, and exploring new locales.