Four Fun Things to Do During the Snowquester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Well, it’s official—Snowquester has hit! And with midterms stressing everyone out, perhaps there was no better time. Admit it, your heart skipped a beat when you read the email that said: “the university is closed for Wednesday, March 6. Classes, events, and activities have been cancelled.” But with all this free time, what’s one to do? Here are four fun ways to spend the snowquester:

TV/Movie Marathon

Microwave some popcorn, grab your Snuggie, and boot up Netflix—it’s time for a marathon! Whether you’re terribly behind on that TV show you’ve been meaning to watch, or if you’re just in the mood to watch Harry Potter back-to-back seven times, there is no better day than today to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Baking

It’s time to take those food recipes you’ve been pinning on Pinterest and transform them into real life culinary confections! On a frigid day like today, turning the oven or stove on will heat up the space, and at the end of it all, share the love (re: food) with your friends. Your hallmates will undoubtedly thank you if you have leftovers…

Pack for Spring Break

While some avoid packing for trips with a passion, there’s no better time to get it done! Although the Snowquester admittedly doesn’t conjure up images of Spring, figuring out which bikini will show off your tan the best and which flip flops match them will have you dreaming of warmer temperatures—and jet-setting off to them in no time!

SLEEP

As mentioned before, we’re right in the middle of a stressful week riddled with midterms. Use today to take a break and get some sleep—you deserve it! Not to mention that studies have found that sleep helps you remember what you study…

Enjoy the snow day!