This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

While you may not recognize the name, you are sure to recognize the sassy blonde girl in HBO’s Sex Lives of College Girls, whose second season premiered on November 17th. Reneé Rapp’s outstanding performance as Leighton Murry is her latest in a line of success as a young actress.

Before landing the role of Leighton on Sex Lives of College Girls, Rapp played Regina George in the broadway show, Mean Girls, at just 19 years old. 

Rapp has now launched her music career with her first song “Tattoos.” The song premiered on TikTok in April with Rapp explaining that she wrote the song on the same day it came out. “Tattoos” describes a situationship Rapp experienced with someone she was not meant to be with. Her next two singles, “In the Kitchen” and “Don’t Tell My Mom,” came out in July and September 2022; “In the Kitchen” is about “the pain that comes with feeling dumbfounded and confused and embarrassed,” and “Don’t Tell My Mom” is about family life. Rapp’s long-awaited EP, “Everything to Everyone,” was released on November 11th, and included five new songs along with two previous singles. 

Rapp announced that she was going on tour in December, and tickets sold out in under two minutes. Rapp recently performed on The Late Late Show With James Corden, where she sang “Too Well,” for which she also released a music video.

My absolute favorite platform of Rapp’s is her Tiktok account. Not only does she make videos of her incredible singing voice, but Rapp is also personable and vulnerable on the app. She opens up about issues such as her anxiety and eating disorder on the app, normalizing the conversation surrounding mental health. She talks openly about her bisexuality to her 755.4k followers and maintains humor around such difficult topics.

Rapp is a multifaceted artist — one who has already reached immense success. She is one to watch.

Betti is a sophomore at GW, majoring in journalism at SMPA. She is from Westport, CT, and enjoys thrifting, going for walks, and watching New Girl.