This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

With the fall season around the corner, going to farmers markets could be the perfect weekend activity. There are many great markets around the District, offering fresh pastries, flowers, produce, local goods, and more! 

1. Dupont Circle FRESHFARM Market

My personal favorite, the Dupont Circle Market, is open year round, every Sunday from 8:30am – 1:30pm. It is the perfect distance from campus and a nice walk through the beautiful Dupont neighborhood. During the late spring, summer, and early fall seasons, there are over 50 farmers and vendors selling organic fruits, vegetables, meat, dairy products, and more. They offer many gluten free baked goods and fresh coffee. This time of year, they have unique pumpkins and other items to add to your fall decor. Check out Zeke’s Coffee and Little Austria’s next time you go. Learn more about the Dupont Circle FRESHFARM Market here!

1. Eastern Market

Located near Capitol Hill, Eastern Market is open Tuesday- Friday, 7am- 7pm, Saturdays 7am- 6pm, and Sunday 9am- 5pm. It first opened in 1873 and is one of the only remaining public market historical buildings in Washington, DC. The market specializes in locally sourced food, produce, dairy, and meat. On the weekends, the market extends onto the streets surrounding the main building for local vendors to set up and sell their handcrafted clothing, soap, jewelry, and more! The market is easily accessible by the Blue, Orange, or Silver lines to the Eastern Market stop. Read more about Eastern Market and the history behind it here.

1. FRESHFARM Foggy Bottom Market

Conveniently located for GW students, the Foggy Bottom Market is opened Wednesdays from 3pm- 7pm, from April 3- November 27. It is positioned between the medical school and The George Washington University Hospital and has many vendors similar to the Dupont Market and other FRESHFARM Markets. Student’s favorite vendors include Z&Z’s Mediterranian flatbreads and Quaker Valley Orchards vegetables. Check out the Foggy Bottom Market now before it closes! Read more here.

Berkley Lane is a senior double majoring in Dance and Environmental Studies and minoring in Sustainability. She is originally from Murrells Inlet, South Carolina. In her free time, she loves checking out new places in Washington, DC and seeing as many dance performances as she can.
Isabella grew up in Boston and is currently a student at The George Washington University studying International Business and Chinese. Her dream job is working as a journalist in New York, and she hopes to travel all over the world and study abroad in Shanghai. You can find her taking walks with her three Labradoodles or doing yoga with friends.