This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Whether its formal season or you just want to “treat yourself” head over to these places that cater directly to students!

1. Vicky’s Nail Boutique: This Georgetown posh salon offers $25 dollar gel manicures that last for 2 weeks! You should make an appointment because this place is usually busy (which is a good sign) and you will be in and out of there in 30 minutes!  Not to mention the location of this salon is great so if you do have to wait go treat yourself to Jaco or Thomas Sweet ice cream!

2. Georgetown GLOW DC: $16 spray tans every thursday.  Yes that is right. The versa spa machine is FULL PROOF so there are no worries about the tan streaking off.  Make sure to get there by 7pm though because later at night it gets filled up and you may not get a spot.  

3. Bubbles on K Street: Looking for an affordable haircut or blow out?  Bubbles is your salon. Blowouts start at $30 dollars and haircuts start at $40! That is unbeatable in expensive Washington, DC.

4. Silky Smooth: This gem in Dupont offers eyebrow and lip threading for just $22, that is unbeatable in the city. Not to mention they do a great job and do not have to worry if you are still going to have eyebrows after the appointment 

5. Tip Toe Nails: This spot is located right off campus in Colombia Plaza by The Hive Hotel. You can get a $25 dollar gel manicure that will last for at least 2 weeks. The location is unbeatable in relation to GW’s campus, which is why you should definitely check it out.

6. V Wax Salon: Get ready for summer here with the the least painful wax possible here!  Tatianna is so talented and will make you feel so comfortable. Not to mention the studio is so cute and you will probably find yourself taking an instagram story there.

Francesca is a junior at The George Washington University studying marketing and economics. She grew up in the Boston area as a massive Red Sox and Patriots fan. You can find her trying out new restaurants in the DC area or getting her sweat on at Soulcycle & Corepower.
Isabella grew up in Boston and is currently a student at The George Washington University studying International Business and Chinese. Her dream job is working as a journalist in New York, and she hopes to travel all over the world and study abroad in Shanghai. You can find her taking walks with her three Labradoodles or doing yoga with friends.