All Things Go Fall Classic: The Artists Not to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

This weekend, Columbia MD is once again hosting the All Things Go Music Festival, and if you are one of the lucky souls who got tickets for it, I am incredibly jealous of you. 

The All Things Go Fall Classic was first held in 2014 and in the years since has become known for promoting and supporting female and LGBT artists. 

If you’re heading out to Maryland this weekend, or if like me you’re going to be feverishly watching along on Instagram stories, here are the songs and artists I think should end up on your Spotify Wrapped.

MAGGIE ROGERS

Headlining the Saturday show, Maryland native Maggie Rogers is a force to be reckoned with. Her music is technically brilliant and deeply spiritual, a remnant of her degrees – in music engineering and production and English from NYU, and a graduate degree from Harvard Divinity School. More recently, in January this year, Maggie collaborated with Zach Bryan on the song Dawns, my personal autumn anthem. Her music is a spiritual experience, and in her headline set on Saturday expect to be taken to a higher plane.  

Must Listen: Back In My Body, Begging for Rain

TOMMY LEFROY

I have never wanted to gatekeep a band more than Tommy Lefroy, but their music is too good to keep just to myself. I first heard them opening for Maisie Peters in London in 2021, before I started university, and they’ve carried me through the whole mess so far. “Trashfire” was my most listened-to song of 2022 (209 listens, with the most happening on Valentine’s Day… don’t ask), but this year, in particular, my anthem has been “Dog Eat Dog: a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.”

Must Listen: Dog Eat Dog, Flight Risk, Northern Towns

ELLA JANE

Ella Jane is a master of bedroom pop. Catapulted into virality by 2020’s “nothing else I could do”, a song written as a high school project on The Great Gatsby, her music speaks directly to twenty-something teenage girlhood. Her songs are, at their core, very real and truthful – they read as almost as a diary, or as a hushed late-night conversation with your best friends. Ella’s song “Calling Card” was hailed as a big hit by (the) Elton John – take his advice if you won’t take mine and listen to her recent debut album Marginalia so you can say you were a fan before she made it big.

Must Listen: Time On, thief, I Wanna

SUKI WATERHOUSE

Suki Waterhouse epitomizes it-girl, combining a London cool with a sunny Los Angeles flair. She is as effortlessly cool as her character Karen Sirko in 2022’s Daisy Jones and the Six; her timeless style and music feel like they would fit in as well in the sixties and seventies as it does today. 

Must Listen: Moves, To Love, Coolest Place in the World

LIZZY MCALPINE

If you’ve been on social media in the last year, chances are that you’ve heard Lizzy McAlpine’s song “ceilings”. But there are many other songs across her catalog worth a listen. Her debut album, Give Me A Minute, blends love songs with achingly beautiful heartbreak ballads. “Pancakes for Dinner” is the song to sit and think about your Fall semester crush. 

Must Listen: doomsday, Over-the-Ocean Call (Andrew)

But this is only the beginning. I wish I had time to wax lyrical (mind the pun) about every single artist at this year’s festival. Luckily I made a Spotify playlist just for that.

If you are going out this weekend: have fun, and post all your videos (so I can live vicariously through you!).

Evie is a third year history major at GWU on exchange from the UK. She enjoys reading, yoga, binge-watching tv shows and, stereotypically, drinking tea.