7 Things to Remember During the Fall 2016 Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

1. Start Fresh 

The new semester is an opprotunity to have a new, positive mindset. Remember: DC is your oyster. 

2. Stay Organized 

As you get settled into your classes, homework, activities and social life, try to set a schedule. It is important to stay organized to ensure you can get the best out of every experience. 

3. Set Goals

It’s always important to set goals for yourself at the beginning of the semester to help guide where you want to go. Goals can range from joining a new club, eating healthier or trying to get to the library more often (as tough as it may be). Have a goal and follow through. You’ll be surprised how fulfilled you feel!

4. Get Excited & Stay Excited

Be excited. Embrace this moment. It rocks. 

5. Explore

Believe it or not, you’re in Washington, D.C., one of the coolest cities in America. Take hold of the amazing things surrounding you. Explore, try new foods, go to national parks, go ice skating, walk to the White House, go to georgetown, go to the zoo, rent paddle boats on the potomac and enjoy. 

6. Set Time Aside to Relax Admist the Hustle 

As important as it is to get out there and embrace the amazing place you’re living, it is also important to ground yourself and find time to relax. Read a book, hit the gym or, my personal favorite, sit and watch netflix with a cup of tea. 

7. Have an Amazing Semester