Style > Beauty

7 Amazing Makeup Brands that are Cruelty-Free

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Its 2019, buying from brands that test on animals is NOT cool. There are so many awesome brands for everyone price range that do not support animal testing. Below are a list of my seven favorite brands with feedback on some of their best products:

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills: While the specialize in brow products, their eyeshadow palettes are AMAZING. Only complaint is they are super pigmented (definitely not for a beginner makeup artist) I am currently using the Soft Glam palette when I go out and during the day. 

1. Too Faced: Their makeup literally smells like different types of deserts…. If that is not enough for you to invest (and the fact that they are vegan and cruelty free) I don’t know what is. Their Soleil Makeup Bronzer smells like chocolate and is something I use every day. It gives you a nice bronzed look without being orange. 10/10 recommend. 

1. Marc Jacobs Beauty: I personally am not a lipstick lover but Marc Jacobs is the only brand that always has me buying more. Their colors are neutral, subtle and long lasting. Worth the splurge. 

1.  E.L.F.:  Not only is their packaging super classy, their brushes are amazing. I am always searching for good makeup brushes at cheap prices and E.L.F. is where it is at. 

1. Becca: I SWEAR by Becca highlighter, it is long-lasting and creates a natural yet noticeable glow that lasts the whole day. The coolest part of choosing your Becca highlighter? Their online choosing process that allows you to highlight a model with a similar skin color to see its beautiful effect. My favorite shade? Champagne Pop

1. Lush Cosmetics: Their bath bombs cannot be beat. Each one has a distinctive smell and coloring, from roses to birthday cake and everything in between, your bath will stay looking like a rainbow with bubbles. But besides bath bombs, Lush has everything from body butter to perfume. My personal fav bath bomb is the Goddess, with its lavender color and Jasmine perfume it is the ultimate zen. 

1. Glossier: Perhaps a fan favorite and my go to for my daily skincare routine. Their light and airy vibe is perfect for an everyday look. My personal favorites are the Boy Brow brow gel and Haloscope highlighters. Both Glossier makeup and skincare are well priced and well worth a splurge!

The new era of cruelty-free makeup and skincare is upon us and there are endless amazing choices to look fantastic and feel even better about what you are putting on everyday. 

Emma is a sophomore from Pennsylvania studying English with a music minor at the George Washington University. She loves anything relating to music and hopes to eventually work in the entertainment industry. She loves traveling and trying all types of food!
Isabella grew up in Boston and is currently a student at The George Washington University studying International Business and Chinese. Her dream job is working as a journalist in New York, and she hopes to travel all over the world and study abroad in Shanghai. You can find her taking walks with her three Labradoodles or doing yoga with friends.