photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Twenty Things I’m Thankful for About Gustavus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

Recently my roommate and I started talking about how crazy it is that we are more than halfway through college. She made the comment that we’ve been through more than we have left and I think that’s when it hit me. I love my school and I never want this part of my life to be over. I am so grateful to have been able to attend Gustavus for the past few years and since Thanksgiving is upon us, I figured there couldn’t be a better time to share a few things that I am thankful for about going to school here. So, here are 20 things that I am thankful for about Gustavus.  

1. Being able to meet some of the most down-to-earth, funniest, coolest, and fun people who have become my best friends

2. The beautiful views from up on the hill

3. The smiles you get from other students and staff as you walk around campus

4. The great education and professors who are always willing to help out

5. The Campus Activities Board who puts on fun campus events

6. The local coffee shops

7. My sorority sisters

8. Noodle bowls and Gyros from the caf

9. Being able to be a part of Her Campus and getting to spend time with a great group of gals each week

10. My roommates who I know will always be some of my best friends

11. The opportunity to grow my photography skills in my on-campus job and in my photography classes

12. Iced soy dirty chais and iced soy campfire mochas from the Courtyard Cafe

13. Comfy sweatshirts from the Bookmark

14. Early morning and late night walks and hammocking in the arboretum

15. Frost-Your-Owns

16. Feeling the sense of the Gustie community at sporting events

17. Christmas in Christ Chapel

18. The Gus Bus and Safe Rides

19. My sorority big and little

20. Nemo the Campus Cat

Hey, I'm Corbyn Jenkins! I am a Junior at Gustavus Adolphus College majoring in English & minoring in Film & Media Studies. In my free time I enjoy art, photography, exploring, going to concerts, and spending time with my friends and family.