Gustavus’ HerCampus team is full of amazing writers, but our readers usually don’t get the chance to learn more about them. “Twenty Questions with…” is a series that will feature each member of our HerCampus team by asking them 20 questions about themselves. This week I’m featuring Marie Osuna, our senior editor. She is a sophomore English and Psychology major. Marie also attended Her Conference this summer and has been a member of Her Campus at Gustavus for two years.
1. What were you doing right before this interview?
I was writing in my journal for my U.S. Latino Literature class.
2. What was the best thing that has happened to you today?
I asked my crush out for coffee and he said yes!
3. Can you describe yourself in three words?
Energetic, outgoing, lovable
4. What is your dream job?
I want to be an author of YA books.
5. What’s something that motivates you?
6. Who is someone you find inspiring?
My best friend Megan because she follows her dreams so passionately, and I want to be like that.
7. What do you look for in a friend?
I don’t know if I look for anything specific- I just want to be their friend!
8. What’s something that makes you laugh?
Literally everything- I laugh all the time!
9. What’s the best song to listen to in the car?
Well, it depends on what kind of car ride it is. I have a playlist for rainy days and sunny days, but the overall answer is Taylor Swift. There’s a Taylor Swift song for every mood (see article).
10. It’s a Saturday night, what are you doing?
I’m probably in my pajamas eating some cookie dough and watching Netflix with my friends.
11. What’s your go-to order at a coffee shop?
It changed recently, I get a lot of mochas, but sometimes I get an iced caramel macchiato.
12. What’s something you can’t live without?
Creamer in my coffee
13. What is your all-time favorite fashion trend?
Jeans and a sweater
14. Who is your style icon?
People who look comfortable in jeans and a sweater.
15. What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
Well, this isn’t exactly advice but my dad texts me an inspirational quote every Monday. It’s really nice.
16. What’s the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Going to NY with only one other friend (see article) was pretty terrifying, but we made it out alive.
17. Where is the most beautiful place you’ve been?
Probably, this place called Dead Man’s Island in Washington. It was tropical and very pretty.
18. Where do you want to be in ten years?
Hopefully I’ll be writing full time and have a nice husband and three kids- two girls and a boy…and probably a cat.
19. What does the word “feminist” mean to you?
Somebody who is about equality for everyone and who is fighting for it for the right reasons.
20. What’s the best part of being in Her Campus?
All the friends you make because our team is really great!