20 Questions with Katie O’Brien
1. Are you a morning or night person?
Definitely a night person. I’m a zombie before 10 am.
2. What do you look for in a friend?
Someone I can cry from laughing with but also have a deep conversation with about anything and everything. Someone who I can trust with anything.
3. Who inspires you?
My sister. It’s probably cheesy, but she’s never afraid to say what she wants to say and she always works hard in everything she does and never quits when things get hard.
4. How do you like to spend the weekend?
I like sleeping in and then spending some quality time with my friends and doing something fun like taking a trip to the cities or just hanging out playing games like spikeball, or even just hanging out and having a nice chat.
5. If you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be?
A sea turtle
6. Can you describe yourself in three words?
Driven, loyal, and creative
7. Do you have a secret talent?
I can accurately predict the ending of most movies after about the first half hour.
8. What’s the best comfort food?
Any kind of chocolate. Specifically Reese’s peanut butter cups or Dove’s dark chocolate
9. What’s your favorite season?
Definitely fall. I love the colors and the crunchy sound of the leaves! Also who doesn’t love sweatshirt season?
10. What book made a difference in your life?
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It made me want to push myself as a writer to go out of my comfort zone. It also has a lot of different perspectives on certain aspects of life as well as makes you think a little deeper about the people around you.
11. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
Concert tickets to see The Lumineers
12. What’s the best song to listen to in the car?
Bohemian Rhapsody. A little basic, but always a bop.
13. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Hopefully employed with my own car and family and enough money to do all the traveling I’ve always wanted to do.
14. What makes you laugh?
Well executed puns
15. What have you learned about yourself since starting college?
I definitely learned that I’m a lot stronger than I thought I was. I’ve always been somewhat independent, but I went through a lot of hard times alone and I didn’t always think I was capable of that.
16. How would you describe your style?
Comfy, cute, and casual with a slight edge? I don’t know- I wear a lot of flannels and big cardigans and I own too many vans and converse.
17. Can you describe your definition of the ideal day?
My ideal day would be sleeping in, having a good breakfast and some coffee then spending the entire day outside, whether it be just going for a walk or doing fun things like kayaking or going out on the boat. Also, doing all of this with my favorite people.
18. What’s your favorite pizza topping?
I’m a big fan of just an extra cheesy pizza
19. What do you always carry with you?
A hair tie. You never know when you’re going to need to get your hair out of your face to do something awesome.
20. What has been the best part of being in Her Campus?
Getting to know the other girls in Her Campus and making new friends!