This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

This Friday, April 27, YWCA Mankato will be hosting their second annual Stand Against Racism. The event, which will be held at the Mankato Intergovernmental Center, will have informational booths on race, racism, privilege, and advocacy, as well as provide interactive activities to spark both the mind and the heart. There will also be special viewings of the Netflix documentary, 13th, at 10:30 a.m. and again at 2:00 p.m. for those who are interested.

The event will primarily be open house style, welcoming the public to join free of cost anytime between 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. The event also includes a special program will be held at 12:30 p.m., where the mayors of Mankato, North Mankato, and other community leaders will address their collective commitments to take a stand against racism.

“To have the mayors of both Mankato and North Mankato come together and generate a unified proclamation speaks to the importance of solidarity in addressing racism,” notes YWCA Mankato’s Director of Racial Justice, Tiffnie Jackson. “As we learn what racism is, how it functions, and how we can become engaged change agents and advocates against it, the stronger we will become as a community.  The Stand Against Racism event will be a fun and interactive way for us to further grow together around the concept of race.”

All are welcome and encouraged to join this stand against racism.

Complimentary food and drinks will be provided. Free parking will be available in the parking garage attached to the Intergovernmental Building and the Hilton Garden Inn hotel.

To learn more, visit the page online.

President of Her Campus at Gustavus Senior Communication Studies 2018 TFA Corp Member Collegiate Fellow HGTV enthusiast