The Stages of Waiting for Niall Horan’s Album, As Told by Niall Horan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

By now every former member of One Direction has released some new music. We, of course, know about Louis and Liam’s singles, Zayn’s album, “Mind of Mine”, and Harry’s debut album, “Harry Styles.” But are you prepared for Niall’s debut album, “Flicker”? I know I’m not. It seems like just yesterday us Directioners had “#LetNiallSing” trending on twitter. Where on Earth did the time go? Well, if you are a lot like me, here are the many stages you will go through while waiting for Niall to drop his album on October 20th, as told by Niall himself.

Stage One: Casually jamming out to “This Town” and “Slow Hands” for months, especially in the car with your friends.

Stage Two: Patiently waiting to hear some actual news about Niall’s full-length album he keeps slightly mentioning.

Stage Three: Seeing that your phone has a notification of a Niall tweet.

Stage Four: Reading the tweet: “It’s been a long time coming but I’m delighted to announce that my new album ‘Flicker’ is out on the 20th of October. I hope you enjoy it” and deciding that you need to go be alone for a minute.

Stage Five: Getting somewhere where you can be alone and re-reading the tweet to see if it’s actually real.

Stage Six: Realizing it is in fact real and that we will finally have a full-length album!

Stage Seven: Heading to tell all of your friends the good news just in case they haven’t seen it yet.

Stage Eight: Hearing your phone buzz again with another Twitter notification from Niall that says, “My new single & one of my favourites on the album ” Too Much to Ask ” is out at midnight EST.” WHATTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Stage Nine: Staying up all night, waiting for the new single to drop.

Stage Ten: The time comes. “Too Much To Ask” is here! You press play and listen to it for the first time. It comes to an end. Realizing that the little boy from Mullingar did this, wrote this, and is just this perfect, makes you emotional.

Stage Eleven: Enjoying the new single, multiple times throughout the day. You even have it on repeat. It has now even moved its way from a heartfelt song to a heartfelt jam.

Stage Twelve: Remembering that soon we will have a full-length album of Niall’s angelic voice in just a few weeks.

Stage Thirteen: Pre-ordering the album and waiting and waiting and waiting for the release date.

Stage Fourteen: Finally, we all know this will be us once the album finally drops.

Or well…this.

Hey, I'm Corbyn Jenkins! I am a Junior at Gustavus Adolphus College majoring in English & minoring in Film & Media Studies. In my free time I enjoy art, photography, exploring, going to concerts, and spending time with my friends and family.