Spread a Little Love With These 7 Literary Love Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

Although Valentine’s Day has come and gone, I like to think that every day is a good day for a little love. And what better place to find it than in some of literature’s greatest works? In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I’ve hand-lettered 7 literary love quotes from some of my favorite books —  whether you’re searching for the right words to tell someone how you feel or just in the mood for a little romance, I hope they bring a smile to your face, a blush to your cheek, and a sparkle to your eye!

1. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” — from the poem “Annabel Lee” by Edgar Allan Poe

2. “Each time you happen to me all over again.” — from The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton

3. “But we were never lonely and never afraid when we were together.” — from A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway

4. “We love the things we love for what they are.” — from the poem “Hyla Brook” by Robert Frost

5. “Love is a possible strength in an actual weakness.” — from Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy

6. “I do love nothing in the world so well as you.” — from Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare

7. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope.” — from Persuasion by Jane Austen