Saying Goodbye to your College Friends for Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

As this long, stressful semester comes to and end, I find myself becoming continuously more sad when I think about wrapping up finals and going back home for the summer. At the beginning of the school year, I never would have thought that I would have met such amazing people and found such a great group of friends. I envisioned my days as going to class, doing my homework, and sleeping. Not very exciting, I know. Thankfully, I met some of my best friends this year and that totally changed the way my year panned out.

We spend almost every waking minute together, and sometimes have sleepovers when we can’t find the energy to walk to our own rooms just two doors down. We eat our meals together, study together, go out on the weekends together. We’re all pretty much attached at the hip. Having a group of supportive girls is hard to come by these days. It’s refreshing to have a good group of friends that are there for you no matter what. They’ll tell you like it is while being the shoulder you need to cry on.

Leaving my best friends for three months is going to be difficult, but knowing that we’ll all be together for the remainder of our time in college is reassuring. As much as I’m looking forward to summer and not having class, I’m almost looking forward to fall semester more, as nerdy as it sounds!

Linsey Wolf

Gustavus '20

Hello! My name is Linsey. I study English Education at Gustavus. In my free time I enjoy reading, drinking coffee, spending time with my friends and being outdoors.