President’s Ball 2017: Dos and Don’ts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

Hey, Gusties! President’s Ball is just around the corner! This year’s P-Ball will be at InterContinental Saint Paul Riverfront, Saint Paul, MN on Saturday, March 11th. Social hour starts 5:00 p.m., dinner is at 6:00 p.m., and the dance begins at 7:00 p.m. The dance will feature live music from BlueWater Kings Band. P-Ball is one of the highlights of the year for Gusties, and we at Her Campus want you to have a fantastic night. Ticket sales have now been extended to Tuesday, March 7th at 10:00 p.m. There is still time to purchase your tickets for this one of a kind event on the Gustavus Tickets website. So to help you to have a great night, here are a few Do’s and Don’t’s for P-Ball 2017. 

DO bring Birks, Crocs, Chaco’s, or Converse for dancing. You’ll thank yourself when you have comfy shoes to change into after wearing your heels for pictures and dinner. Bring your favorite  pair of kicks and you’ll be ready to kill it on the dance floor.

DON’T wear a long dress. It’ll probably get stepped on, and you’ll get really warm. Stick with a short dress and you’ll be good to go!

DO hold your pee until they play a bad song. It’s most likely going to happen. You don’t want to risk going to the bathroom and having the band play the best song ever while you’re gone. Just wait until a bad song come on, or until the band takes a break so you don’t miss the best jams.

DON’T do the mannequin challenge on the dance floor. You’ll get pushed, stepped on, and people will get really annoyed. Don’t be that person.

DO go for social hour. You’ll get to chat with friends, have a drink, and you’ll be able to get first pick for a dinner table. I learned firsthand that if you show up late, you’ll end up in the overflow room and have to go to other tables scrounging around for extra salads and rolls. You don’t want to have to do that. Trust me.

DON’T bring a date and ditch them. It’s just rude. If you do bring a date make sure you stick with them because no one likes to be ditched.

DO take pictures beforehand. You’ll want to have those pictures to show your mom when you go home for spring break. Plus, who doesn’t love posing for the camera when you’re all dressed up looking like a 10/10.

DON’T get so caught up in the excitement that you forget your ticket. You’ll be so upset if you get there and you can’t get in because you forgot your ticket. Double and triple check before you leave so you don’t end up in that situation.

DO take a nap beforehand. You’ll want to feel extra awake so you can show off on the dance floor instead of sitting around feeling tired all night.

DON’T drink and drive. If you plan on drinking, be safe and decide before you go who will be the designated driver. We don’t want P-Ball ending badly for anyone.

DO have tons of fun! Make it the night you want it to be. Take some fabulous pictures, eat a  great meal, and the dance the night away with your best friends by your side!

Be sure to purchase your tickets to the 34th annual President’s Ball here by Tuesday, March 7th at 10:00 p.m.!

Kristi is a sophomore at Gustavus Adolphus College where she is pursuing a major in Communication Studies and a minor in Music. At Gustavus, Kristi is involved in the instrumental and vocal music programs, and is a news writer for the on-campus newspaper, The Gustavian Weekly. A few of her favorite things include: cats, cake, watching sitcoms, and spending time with friends and family.