This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

If you scroll through the playlists you have on your phone and look at the artists that you have included on each, I bet that they will be full of male artists or bands made up of all males. It is evident that the music industry is made up of more men than women, but that doesn’t mean that women aren’t just as amazing!

Women in the music industry deserve to start getting some proper recognition. The fact that over the whole three-and-a-half hour telecast of the Grammys only ONE solo female artist accepted an award on screen is pathetic. Sorry to be blunt, but it is.

So, here is a playlist including 25 women who have been taking over the music industry the past few years. You might be surprised that you haven’t even heard about a few of these women, and well, that’s part of the problem right there.

1. “Underdressed” by VÉRITÉ

2. “Wearing Nothing” by Dagny

3. “Forever” by HAIM

4. “IDGAF” by Dua Lipa

5. “Green Light” by Lorde

6. “Honey” by Kehlani

7. “Love” by Lana Del Rey

8. “Dangerous Woman” by Ariana Grande

9. “Alaska” by Maggie Rogers

10. “Love Myself” by Hailee Steinfeld

11. “Main Girl” by Charlotte Cardin

12. “No Roots” by Alice Merton

13. “Stay Together” by Noah Cyrus

14.  “Beautiful Trauma” by P!nk

15. “Pretty Girl (Cheat Codes x CADE Remix)” by Maggie Lindemann

16. “Just Do It” by Julia Michaels

17. “Boys” by Charli XCX

18. “Cool Girl” by Tove Lo

19. “Confident” by Demi Lovato

20. “Younger Now” by Miley Cyrus

21. “Run Away with Me” by Carly Rae Jepsen

22. “Colors” by Halsey

23. “Into It” by Camila Cabello

24. “Praying” by Kesha

Hey, I'm Corbyn Jenkins! I am a Junior at Gustavus Adolphus College majoring in English & minoring in Film & Media Studies. In my free time I enjoy art, photography, exploring, going to concerts, and spending time with my friends and family.