1. Go swimming. The weather will be warm. The pool will be cool. Time to bust out the swimsuits and pool noodles!
2. Eat ice cream at a local shop. My town has a charming little shop that makes the ice cream in large vats visible to customers. I never know what flavors will be available. On one memorable day, Peanut Butter and Jelly ice cream was displayed on the menu.
3. Get through my summer reading list. I can already imagine spreading out in a hammock and curling up for a fun read.
4. Jump on a trampoline. No, I don’t own one, but I know people who do. I plan to go catapulting through the air at least once before summer is over.
5. Tackle some of those DIY projects. There are so many crafts I keep wanting to start. Time to bust out the knitting needles and paint, the hammer and hot glue.
6. Go to a concert. I am looking forward to Jazz in June, a concert performance from students at the University of Nebraska. Set out picnic blankets and lawn chairs in a sculpture garden, eat vendor food, and listen to jazz music in the background. I can typically count on running into someone I know.
7. Visit the Farmer’s Market. I am a cheapskate, but I cannot resist the charm of food and craft vendors. This is a fun way to hang out with friends.
8. Gather around a fire. Whether out camping or using a fire pit, lazing around a fire is a great way to end the day. Out pop the s’mores, the jokes, and the music.
9. Watch those fireworks. I love watching the different colors burst through the sky, and I can’t wait to hold a sparkler. Who knows, maybe someone will be hosting a barbeque.
10. Enjoy the state fair. Food, games, and exhibits. It’s bound to be a fun time.
11. Go to a baseball game. This is a fun way to get together with the community. Eat the stadium food with hot dogs, popcorn, and a soda. (Or, eat a Runza from Nebraska’s fast food chain).
12. Go camping. Grab some friends and a tent, a duffle bag and some food. And don’t forget those yard games!