This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

By Ella Napton

I have been listening to podcasts for years. I love them because I can listen to them driving, walking to class, or getting ready in the morning. And on top of that, the options for topics are absolutely endless. Don’t know where to start? Check out the list below for 10 of my favorite podcasts that span a variety of content:

1. My Favorite Murder

A podcast hosted by two amazing women who cover different true crime/murder cases every week. It is mixed with comedy, but they pull it off spectacularly, in my opinion.

1. Imagined Life

Each episode follows the life of a famous person, but the catch is that the listener doesn’t know who they are hearing about. You may not like every person they cover, but their upbringings are always full of lessons and interesting information.

1. Small Town Murder

This podcast is hosted by two hilarious guys who cover a murder case in different small towns every week. I listen to this podcast while I’m working out, that’s how much I love it.

1. Pretty Basic

This is hosted by Remi Cruz and Alisha Marie–yes, of the YouTube stardom–and answers the questions everyone has about the lives of influencers and young women today.

1. And That’s The Coffee, Brother

This is a shameless plug, but I host a podcast with one of my best friends and every week we randomly (well, for the most part) generate a word and talk about it for approximately 30-60 minutes. In my opinion, it’s a good time.

1. Armchair Expert

I have loved Dax Shepard ever since I watched Parenthood. And, naturally, I love his relationships with Kristen Bell. In my opinion, he has the best group of guests for any podcast (except maybe Oprah’s) and I always learn an incredibly amount from every episode.

1. Gladiator: Aaron Hernandez and Football Inc

Yes, I am a true crime fan. But this case is especially fascinating for me. It covers Aaron Hernandez–yes, that Aaron Hernandez–and all of the factors that led to his arrest.

1. Revisionist History

This podcast is hosted by the one and only Malcolm Gladwell. Honestly, I love everything about this podcast and have a tendency to choose one at random because I have such a hard time picking one. It discusses the parts of history we typically skim past and some factors as to why that happens.

1. Stuff You Missed In History Class

Similar to Revisionist History, this podcast looks at various events throughout history and talks about the details we skip. I particularly love the episodes they’ve done on ballet, so if you want a starting point, start there!

1. Strong Opinions Loosely Held

This is the podcast that started it all for me. I listened to it because I was/am an avid reader of Refinery29 and when they announced the release of the podcast I had to give it a listen. It covers exactly what the title says: strong opinions that are loosely held.

Linsey Wolf

Gustavus '20

Hello! My name is Linsey. I study English Education at Gustavus. In my free time I enjoy reading, drinking coffee, spending time with my friends and being outdoors.