I Didn’t Wash My Hair For a Week Featuring Psssst! Dry Shampoo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

The Challenge: Don’t wash my hair for a whole week.

The Goal: Try to not look like a dirty hippy before day 4.

Day 1: I washed my hair last night, so I’m starting today with fresh locks! So far, no need for any dry shampoo. We’ll see how that changes after I work out tonight—sweaty hair = oily hair.

Day 2: Today’s hair still isn’t very greasy! I did add a bit of the Psssst! Dry Shampoo to add a little volume. I braided the front of my hair back to keep it out of my face. I would typically wash my hair tonight, but that’s not going to happen! Tomorrow’s hair might be…interesting.

Day 3: I had an 8 a.m. this morning, so that meant rolling out of bed and throwing on whatever I could find. I couldn’t even be bothered to put in dry shampoo, although I definitely need it at this point. I threw on a patterned headband to push everything back and hide the greasy mess some would call hair! Hobo hair, here I come.

Day 4: Today I went for the most chic of all the hairstyles: gathering my greasy mop of hair into a ponytail on top of my head. I sprayed in a decent amount of dry shampoo. I’m really into this Psssst! Brand—it smells amazing and absorbs a lot of the oils without leaving my hair feeling weighed down.

Day 5: Today’s hair was a lost cause. I plopped my favorite cap on top of my head and called it a day. This was the best solution to fully hide my greasy head of hair. Thank goodness baseball hats are always in style, am I right?

Day 6: Today I pulled out another cute headband to slick my hair back and keep it out of my face, while also hiding the worst parts. These headbands have been trendy lately, and now I’m beginning to understand why! With a couple sprays of Psssst! Dry Shampoo to add as much volume as possible at this point, my hair wasn’t looking too terrible.

Day 7: Boy, am I ready to wash my hair. I call this look “Lots of dry shampoo and a little ponytail”. I probably used half the bottle of dry shampoo to help my hair not look nasty. I pulled the front section back and secured it with a fun scrunchie!

In the end…

Overall, this was a fun challenge to try! It definitely forced me to get creative with my hairstyles. Plus, it was significantly easier with the help of Psssst! Dry Shampoo. I’m definitely going to be repurchasing it in the future!

Linsey Wolf

Gustavus '20

Hello! My name is Linsey. I study English Education at Gustavus. In my free time I enjoy reading, drinking coffee, spending time with my friends and being outdoors.