Her Campus Gustavus Guide to Hunter Hayes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

In one week 4-time Grammy nominee Hunter Hayes will be here on the hill, jamming on his guitar and generally rocking Gustavus with his awesome vocals. The question is: are you ready?

If not, Her Campus Gustavus is here with your complete guide to everything Hunter Hayes so you can be prepared when he rolls up April 23rd!

Hunter Hayes was born on September 9, 1991 in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. The 24 year-old developed a love for music early on. According to an interview with Billboard Magazine, Hayes was given an accordion by his grandmother at age 2 and had recorded his first independent album by age 9. Hayes is also more than just a singer. Including guitar, piano and accordion, Hayes can play 30 instruments!

In 2008, Hayes moved to Nashville, Tennessee and in 2010 signed with Atlantic Records Nashville. Hayes has opened for country stars Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts. His self-titled debut album, Hunter Hayes, was released in 2011 and hit No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums charts, received four Grammy nominations and sold 1.1 million copies. His second album, Encore, was released in 2012, Storyline was released in 2014, and his latest album, The 21 Project, was released in 2015.

According to Hayes’ official website, he is a self –proclaimed “geek.” He is a big fan of Punch Brothers, MercyMe, and Buckingham Nicks. He also loves collecting vinyl records and watching “Breaking Bad,” “Top Gear” or anything on BBC. His favorite kinds of food include Italian, Thai, Sushi, Mexican, and Cajun. Hayes also hopes to one day get his pilots license.

Check out this super cute interview Girlfriend Magazine did with Hunter Hayes to find out some more fun facts! Spoiler: He’s a Virgo! Also his smile is ah-dorable!

Your final step to get ready for Hunter Hayes is to check out our awesome Hunter Hayes Spotify playlist to be up-to-date on all of his amazing songs! My favorites are “I Want Crazy,” “Storm Warning,” “Love Makes Me” and “21.”

That’s it! You’re all set to jam with Hunter Hayes on April 23rd! I’ll be there in the audience singing along, hope to see you there!

Katie Allen is Editor-in-Chief for Gustavus' Her Campus Chapter. She is currently in her fourth year as an English major. Her role models include Emma Watson, Hillary Clinton, and Leslie Knope.