“The Ghost” by Mason Kruize

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

The Ghost

Author Bio:

I attended Gustavus from Sept 2013 to February 2015. I was involved with the Gustavian Weekly, the GOLD program, and the Queers & Allies group. I transferred to the University of Minnesota Morris, where I finished my junior year and intend to finish my senior year next fall. I was involved with the school paper there, and I was the student representative for the Morris Queer Student Initiative for Equality (MOQSIE). In my free time, I like to read, write, and spend time with those who are close to me, as my friendships are very important. If I were to say what I feel in regards to writing, I see it as an outlet for authors to live past their time. Writing allows us to speak to people in a way which would never be possible, whether through the barriers of distance, time, or otherwise. Writing is not only an outlet for ideas or feelings, but a means to communicate through the ages.

Katie Allen is Editor-in-Chief for Gustavus' Her Campus Chapter. She is currently in her fourth year as an English major. Her role models include Emma Watson, Hillary Clinton, and Leslie Knope.