yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Five Thoughts you Have When It Snows in October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

1. SNOOOOOOOOOOW

As you sit and watch the fluffy white flakes slowly fall to the ground and nestle themselves in the grass, you can’t help but feel the calming effect the first snow of the season brings.

2. SNOOoow….?

Then, you remember that it’s only halfway through October; Halloween hasn’t even run its course. It can’t be snowing yet, fall has barely started!

3. Omg that means Christmas is soon what present am I going to get my roommate?!?

Everyone knows that snow brings the warm feelings of Christmas, complete with hot cocoa, warm blankets, and snuggles from your significant other- or from your dog. But Christmas also usually means gifts. Time to scroll through Pinterest for hours on end to find the perfect roomie present.

4. Wait… Where did it all go?

As you were preoccupied with thoughts of a merry Christmas, you missed the sun peak out from the clouds and melt the small bit of snow that had accumulated on the ground. So much for your plans to make a snowman instead of studying.

5. Well, it was fun while it lasted

A first snow in October usually doesn’t mean much. It’ll probably be 60° in a few days anyway, bringing some actual fall vibes instead of pre-winter ones. While we’re all probably a little relieved winter hasn’t blanketed it’s way across campuses, the snow did bring a little excitement to an otherwise normal Sunday afternoon.

Linsey Wolf

Gustavus '20

Hello! My name is Linsey. I study English Education at Gustavus. In my free time I enjoy reading, drinking coffee, spending time with my friends and being outdoors.