Best Album Releases of Fall 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

1. Young the Giant – Home of the Strange 

Released in August, Home of the Strange is the third album from indie rock group Young the Giant. With it’s mix of moody tracks and 70’s rock inspiration this album makes a great edition to any fall playlist. Check out this album if you’re a fan of Grouplove, Passion Pit, or Matt and Kim.

Favorite Tracks:

2. “Something to Believe In”

5. “Jungle Youth”

8. “Silvertongue”

2. Bastille – Wild World

British indie pop band Bastille released their sophomore album, Wild World, early in September. A resound triumph, every track on this album is deserving of a serious listen. If you like WALK THE MOON, Of Monsters and Men, or Imagine Dragons you will love this album. 

Favorite Tracks:

2. “The Currents”

7. “Two Evils”

8. “Send Them Off!”

11. ”Blame”

3. Ingrid Michaelson – It Doesn’t Have to Make Sense

It Doesn’t Have to Make Sense is Ingrid Michaelson’s seventh album, and it doesn’t disappoint. Released in the end of August, this album is full of feel-good anthems and beautifully written ballads. If you love Sara Bareilles, A Fine Frenzy, or Regina Spektor, give this album a listen. 

Favorite Tracks:

1. “Light Me Up”

6. “I Remember Her”

7. “Hell No”

All of these album are avaiable on Spotify and iTunes. Happy listening!

Katie Allen is Editor-in-Chief for Gustavus' Her Campus Chapter. She is currently in her fourth year as an English major. Her role models include Emma Watson, Hillary Clinton, and Leslie Knope.