21 Thoughts Every Girl Has While Shopping at Target

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

Ahh good ole’ Target. There isn’t another store where you can spend about $100 every single day and feel no shame. Let’s be real though, no matter how strong you are, you just can’t resist your weekly or in my case, everyday trip to Target. Overall, a trip to Target is always an adventure and causes many thoughts to flow throughout your mind. Here are a few of those thoughts:

1. “Ok, so I only need toothpaste, shampoo, and deodorant. I am NOT going to buy anything else.”

2. “Ooo that’s cute, I need it.”

3. “Ooo Starbucks! I don’t need it… but I want it.”

4. “WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO TAKE UP THE ENTIRE AISLE?!?!?!”

5. “I wonder if there is anything cool in the dollar section?”

6. “I’m not sure what I would do with this, but I like it and it’s only a dollar.”

7. “WHY DO PEOPLE WALK SO SLOW?!”

8. “Why is the school supplies already out? School just got out last week!”

9. “Wow I think I might get through this whole trip without seeing somebody I know. This is a miracle.”

10. “Oh I spoke too soon I think that is Amy from high school… gotta run.”

11. Sees people running around like crazy people.. “Omg why are they doing that? Don’t they know that you don’t do that in Target.. Go to Walmart.”

12. “Oh yeah I need tampons… now I have to go in a girl cashier’s line because buying tampons is awkward for some reason… nah I’ll just do self-checkout so I don’t have to socialize. 

13. Sees the cute baby clothes… “I can’t wait to have a kid so I can buy this.”

14. “I come here way too often.”

15. “What did I even come here for again? Oh yeah.”

16. “Why is everything I need on the opposite end of the store?”

17. “Why are the check out lines SO long?!”

18. “Please be under $100… “

19. “I should really get a RedCard for how much I shop here.”

20. *Checks out and is about to walk out the door…

“Shoot! I forgot shampoo!”

*runs back in and gets back in line*

21. “I can’t wait to come back tomorrow.”

Hey, I'm Corbyn Jenkins! I am a Junior at Gustavus Adolphus College majoring in English & minoring in Film & Media Studies. In my free time I enjoy art, photography, exploring, going to concerts, and spending time with my friends and family.