15 Dates that Every Woman Should Take Herself On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

Why save your prettiest dress for when you have a date with a significant other? Who says that you need a significant other in order to go on a date? You don’t! Find some time to spend with yourself, especially during these upcoming warm summer months. It is so crucial for us women to find time to spend with ourselves in this crazy world.

I’ve recently been taking myself on “dates” and finding time to have to myself throughout my crazy college schedule. It is a bit out of my comfort zone and difficult at first, but I am learning to love myself and love being with my own company, which is important.

Just remember, you should date yourself before you date anyone else.

Here is a list of 15 self-dates that every woman should go on!

1. Turn off your phone and go on a walk. Leave the distractions at home or at least turn them off and find a beautiful nature trail and just wander.

2. Have a self-spa night where you paint your nails and do a face mask…even with the cucumbers slices!

3. Go to a park, find a quiet place, and read a book.

4. Treat yourself to a fancy dinner.

5. Go to the movies.

6. Have a coffee date.

7. Go shopping, and treat yourself.

8. Go to the library or a cute little bookstore.

9. Do some yoga in the park.

10. Go hammocking.

11. Go to the gym.

12. Watch a sunset.

13. Go thrifting.

14. Go to the local animal shelter and spend time with the cute furry friends!

15. Have an “art day”. 

Hey, I'm Corbyn Jenkins! I am a Junior at Gustavus Adolphus College majoring in English & minoring in Film & Media Studies. In my free time I enjoy art, photography, exploring, going to concerts, and spending time with my friends and family.