A few weeks before the end of summer, I had a sudden realization — this is my last year on the hill. How the heck did I get here so fast? It seems like just yesterday I was pulling up in front of Pittman Hall while about 100 upperclassmen clapped and cheered for me. It was a hot August day and, as I looked around this new place, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. Now, after countless Patty’s nights, SNLs and courtyard coffee dates, Gustavus is home. As the reality of senior year continues to set in, I keep having these 10 thoughts:
1.Have I really been here for four years? I could’ve sworn I just started.
2. I need to figure out what I’m doing after graduation.
3. I’m honestly a little nervous about leaving the Gustavus bubble.
4. I mean, after I leave, I’m going to have to start paying for laundry.
5. But on the bright side, I won’t have homework anymore.
6. I just have to avoid the senior slide.
7. Or get really good at pretending that I didn’t know there was an assignment.
8. And don’t get me started on saying goodbye.
9. I’m really sad to be leaving this place.
10. But I know that, come graduation day, I’ll be ready to take on the world.
Whether this is your first year at Gustavus or your last, enjoy your time on the hill–it goes by before you know it. Happy fall, Gusties. HCXO!